When you’re e-filing your taxes, you can use the electronic funds withdrawal (EFW) method. EFW allows you to pay from your bank account when you use tax preparation software or a tax professional to e-file your return. You can schedule your payment any time before your due date. It’s safe, easy and convenient.
Features and benefits of electronic funds withdrawal
• EFW is convenient. You can e-file and e-pay in a single step.
• The IRS doesn’t charge a fee to use EFW, but check with your financial institution about any fees it may charge.
• If you make an electronic payment, it eliminates the need to submit a voucher and mail a check.
• It’s safe and secure. Payment information is used only for the tax payment(s) authorized.
• Bank account information is safeguarded and won’t be disclosed for any reason other than for processing authorized payment transactions.
Another easy way to pay is with IRS Direct Pay. Direct Pay is free, and you can securely pay your taxes directly from your checking or savings accounts whether you file electronically or on paper. You can schedule payments up to 30 days in advance and receive instant confirmation that you submitted your payment.
You can also pay your taxes online or by phone through any of the authorized debit and credit card processors. A convenience fee is charged by the processor. The IRS doesn’t receive or charge any fees for payments made with a debit or credit card. Go to https://www.irs.gov/Payments for authorized card processors and their phone numbers.
Finally, you can make a tax payment from your mobile device with the free IRS2Go app and choose either Direct Pay or debit and credit card payments. You can download IRS2Go from Google Play, the Apple App Store or Amazon to make your payments when it’s convenient for you.
IRS YouTube videos
• IRS Tax Payment Options English • IRS2Go 5.2 - English |Spanish| ASL
On Twitter? Send these Tweets:
• Need to make a #taxpayment? #IRSDirectPay is the easiest, quickest way for individuals to make #tax payments. https://www.irs.gov/Payments/Direct-Pay
•Try #IRS electronic payment options https://www.irs.gov/Payments#taxpayment
• Need to make a tax payment? flyer available in English and Spanish. #IRSDirectPay #EFTPS https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p5034esp.pdf